Performing a Factory Reset on you Smartglasses
Standard to all Android based devices is the ability to perform a Factory Reset which is accessible through the System Settings on your smartglasses. The action will reformat and return your device back to the original Factory Settings.
Important: All not Factory Loaded Applications, All User-data, & all Files will be removed. You must back up your smartglasses prior to performing a Factory Reset.
You may need to recreate your ODG ReticleID after conducting a Factory Reset when updating to ReticleOS version 3.5.17 as some Factory Loaded Apps were initially installed in a way that will be impacted by this process. Once updated to version 3.5.17 this will no longer be an issue.
Factory Reset Steps:
- (Re)Boot R-7 by first pressing and holding the volume up button (left temple, the one closest to the front, the one NOT next to the power button) and then press and hold the power button, and hold both for ~ 15 seconds. [If the device is off, then you only need to press and release the power button, and you can release the volume up button after a few seconds].
- The R-7 boots in about 15 seconds into “Android system recovery” mode. You'll see the little green Android man plus a menu.
- Use the volume down button to select "wipe data/factory reset" option, then press the power button.
- It prompts you to confirm wipe of all user data?
- Use the volume down button to scroll down to select “Yes -- delete all user data” option, then press the power button.
- This will cause the following to be displayed in a few minutes:
- -- Wiping data...
- Formatting /data...
- Formatting /cache...
- Data wipe complete.
- This will land back in the Android system recovery mode menu, with the "reboot system now" option selected.
- Hit power button to reboot.
- Log in to AppCenter and download any of the ODG Apps that you use that are now missing after the factory reset.